We all know a nurse or doctor who is working longer hours and often at odd times of the day. Other healthcare workers and even patients come and go at any time as well. Perhaps you're one of them. Have you ever considered your personal safety? Are your loved ones in the medical field doing all they can to stay safe?
According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 1 in 10 property crimes occur in parking lots or garages. Almost every hospital in an urban area has a large parking garage. Imagine walking into and out of a parking garage in the middle of the night, often tired after a long shift. Imagine doing so alone.
You don’t have to be a victim if you remain aware of your surroundings and keep these parking garage safety tips in mind:
BEFORE LEAVING YOUR HOME
- Put any valuables in your trunk, or out of sight before you leave.
WALKING TO WORK OR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- As soon as you exit your vehicle, lock it right away. Don’t take any chances when it comes to parking lot safety.
- Walk with purpose and be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid looking down at your phone. This is a huge distraction and a sign of vulnerability. Your texts can wait.
- Be alert when using stairs or elevators.
- Hold your keys in your hand to avoid fumbling through your purse or pockets.
- Lock the doors as soon as you get in your car, even before putting on your seatbelt. Don't spend extra time with your phone or radio.
- Don’t linger in your car. Exit the garage quickly, but remember to check your mirrors for traffic and people.
- Prepare - consider carrying a personal safety alarm, pepper spray, or a different personal security device.
Personal safety alarms emit a loud shriek, sure to startle any would-be attacker.
Our Pepper Sprays deliver maximum protection in a small, easy to carry package.
If personal safety alarms and pepper sprays do not appeal to you, consider our newest product, a stun device that fits in your hand. Perfect for healthcare worker safety and runners, or those of you on the go.
These Palm Stun Devices are easy to carry and deliver a tremendous punch. Pick black or neon pink. And they're so easy to use.
How often do you think about your personal safety? Are you prepared? Do you feel empowered and confident?
Non-lethal safety products have become the smart choice for millions around the world. The demand is driven by size, cost, and availability.
Non-lethal safety products are designed to be easy to use. You can handle them effectively while using for the first time, and they're easy to carry.
Get that peace of mind, that self-confidence, that empowerment, that comes with knowing you can protect yourself.
Shop right now, be prepared, and stay healthy.
Do you have children in college? College Campus Safety - 5 Tips Every Parent and Student Must Share (mace.com)